What you’ll need:
- One 14 oz. can chickpeas (preferably not in oil), rinsed and drained
- Crushed red pepper flakes
For the hummus:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Add chickpeas to a pan and toast on medium heat until liquid dissolves. Do not add oil or anything besides chickpeas to the pan!
- Sprinkle paprika to cover the chickpeas. Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Once liquid dissolves, remove chickpeas from heat and let cool.
- In a blender (or magic bullet) add a tablespoon each of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add half of the chickpeas (or all if using a blender not bullet), a pinch of salt, and a 3-count of water.
- Blend completely.
- If using a bullet, add the remaining chickpeas and another 2-count of water. Blend. *Note – You may want to add a little more salt and red pepper flakes at this point, according to individual taste.*
- Sprinkle paprika on top and cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours or more and enjoy!