What a week! The second week of my Summer Shred definitely didn’t go as I intended…but it wasn’t all lost. I stuck to my meal plan and my macros were almost perfect everyday. I lost a pound despite not working out as hard as I wanted to and I’m noticing my waist get smaller and smaller everyday!
While a stressful, busy work week kept me away from my own workouts most days…my diet was great. Here’s how the last few days looked:
- Wednesday, 4/26: 2 eggs with a sprinkle of cheese & caramel latte protein coffee
- Thursday, 4/27: rice cake with tsp of PB & caramel latte protein coffee
- Friday, 4/28: rice cake with tsp of PB & caramel latte protein coffee
- Saturday, 4/29: mini bagel with cream cheese, caramel latte protein coffee, large iced coffee with almond milk & 1 splenda
- Sunday, 4/30: (brunch at the diner) omelette with goat cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes, caramel latte protein coffee, 3 iced coffees with a splash of milk & splenda
- Wednesday, 4/26 – 4 oz of ground turkey with 1 oz of quinoa and mushrooms
- Thursday, 4/27 – 4 oz of ground turkey with 2 oz of sweet potato and mushrooms along with that had just lettuce and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Friday, 4/28 – I had run out of meal prepped food…so I had a salad with lettuce, mushrooms, and cheese along with the remaining 2 oz of sweet potato
- Saturday, 4/29 – I went to lunch with a co-worker after a very long but successful event for work. I had a HUGE Greek salad with grilled chicken and a few slices of grilled pita
- Sunday, 4/30 – No lunch, since my breakfast was brunch…at 1 pm
Snacks: Pretty much the same everyday – RX Bars, Oh Yeah bars, frozen blueberries with crystal light, carrots or rice cake with PB, and cottage cheese. I also had Phormula1 shakes or BCAAs in my water.
Dinner: I had cauliflower almost everyday….which has destroyed my stomach. Laying off that and all other super gassy veggies this week.
- Wednesday, 4/26 – 10 grilled calamari rings with cauliflower & string beans
- Thursday, 4/27 – Palm Beach salad from Chopt
- Friday, 4/28 – 2 turkey burgers with mushrooms and cauliflower
- Saturday, 4/29 – 2 turkey burgers with a salad and 1/2 small avocado
- Sunday, 4/30 – 1 turkey burger with mushrooms & 2 plain rice cakes
My macros were pretty good, all things considered. My fats were a little high the last two days but otherwise they were spot on:
Beginning tomorrow, I will be incorporating cardio into every workout…everyday. It’s gonna suck but I have to make up for lost time. Friday is Cinco de Mayo and anyone who knows me knows how much I die for Mexican food…& margaritas. I may allow myself a taco or two but I won’t go crazy. This girl has a goal and once I reach it, I can celebrate with as many margaritas and/or tequila shots my heart desires!
I plan on keeping my diet mostly the same but maybe incorporating other protein bars into the mix. Seems the coffee RX bars I love so much are discontinued and while I do enjoy other flavors, it’s just not the same. So I’ll mix it up a bit. My workouts will be as follows:
- Monday – upper body + cardio
- Tuesday – lower body + cardio
- Wednesday – upper body (PT)
- Thursday – lower body + cardio
- Friday – total body (PT)
- Saturday – cardio (1 hour)
Since Sunday is the annual fitness expo at MetLife, I doubt I’ll do a workout. I’ll make that an active rest day, as there will be plenty of walking and whatever else I can get myself into.
Here’s hoping for a less stressful and more active week 3!